Thousands of school workers from around the state thronged Florida’s Capitol on Monday to press Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Legislature to more than double the nearly $1 billion the governor is proposing for teacher raises and bonuses.
Two South Florida educators, Edward Robinson and wife Constance, have created a modern day superhero for literacy named, “Readman,” for children grades K-4 in hopes to get them excited about reading. The fictional superhero officially launched on Nov. 19 at the Historic Hampton House.
Deerfield Beach High School opened their doors early this holiday break in lieu of a recent tragedy involving a 17-year-old student who attended the school.
Nearly two dozen Miami-Dade Public Schools culinary students learned how to make pasta from one of the top-rated chefs in the world. Two Michelin star Chef Nino di Costanzo recently taught a master cooking class for the culinary academy students at Miami Edison Senior High School in Little Haiti.
Miami-Dade County community leaders and groups from across the area came together Friday morning for a press conference to kick-off phase five of Together for Children.
A Florida A&M University (FAMU) history professor served as the model for a Rosa Parks sculpture unveiled in Montgomery, Ala., on the 64th anniversary of the day Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a segregated bus.
A lawsuit against Miami-Dade County Public Schools that alleges coercion and coverup of sexual assault against a minor has been settled.
- Northwest 199th Street eliminated from F1 race
- Firing Ortiz – who applied as white, but sat for tests as Black – being explored
- Rolle to the polls: Former Miami-Dade commissioner announces run for District 2
- Super Bowl LIV events kick off this week
- Marching 100 to perform in Fort Lauderdale MLK parade
- Black sororities celebrate historical milestones
- Criminal investigation led to suspension of Miami Police Cpt. Javier Ortiz
- Two city managers in the hot seat
- RONNISA OLIVIA BAPTISTE
- Bridges named after city sons
- Street closures to note on Miami Beach during Super Bowl LIV week
- SuperFest and Vewtopia events merge
- Black artists show out at 62nd Grammys
- Ex-NBA star Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Experience the Super Bowl without the high, ticket price
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- Youth served: Gauff wins, Serena loses at Australian Open
- Lawyers: Kodak Black moved to federal prison in Kentucky