USDA data shows that 88% of schools report lacking at least one piece of equipment they need to serve healthier foods. Through the Florida Super School Breakfast Initiative, 49 middle schools in the Miami-Dade County Public School District, 34 elementary schools in the School District of Pal…
Books are vehicles that informs us and entertains us. They can be tools that shape our imagination more than what other media could. South Florida’s largest collection of these tools is on the horizon.
The attorney who filed a lawsuit against Florida Memorial University on behalf of a freshman who was sexually assaulted as she slept in her dorm room, said his client is slowly healing after the ordeal. But meantime, he said the university, located in Miami Gardens, has not beefed up securit…
Since the day his godmother lit a fire under him as a kid, Robert Morris has borne the responsibility of passing the torch in the civil rights movement to the next generation of social activists.
Former educator and Miami-Dade Branch of NAACP President Shirley B. Johnson was recognized for her historic and groundbreaking legacy in education and social justice in Miami-Dade County.
Tucked in between a pawn shop and a hair salon in Miami Gardens is an academy that is helping Miami-Dade County students own their success by helping them attain a high school diploma. Acceleration Academies, in partnership with the Miami-Dade County Public Schools system, is currently helpi…
Florida A&M University (FAMU) President Larry Robinson called the unveiling of the statue of tennis legend and FAMU alumna Althea Gibson in New York “a special day” for all Rattlers.
The start of the school year also means the start of fall athletics, including football, one of the most popular sports throughout Miami-Dade County. To motivate student-athletes to perform in the classroom, and on the gridiron, a trio of football programs were privy to a special presentatio…
- Nene Leakes’ inaugural Ladies of Success All Girls Weekend fosters connection
- Miami Gardens to Gimenez's veto: ‘This isn’t over’
- Breakfast carts unloaded at area public schools
- Lil Greenhouse Grill comes from the brink of eviction
- The rising tide of crime in Miami Gardens concerns
- Ex-felons officially regained voting rights Friday
- Kodak Black receives prison sentence in weapons case
- Have island; no passport required
- DR. CAREY GREEN SR.
- Florida Memorial University sexual assault victim in therapy, attorney says