As Hurricane Ian barreled toward Florida, Democratic gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist again attacked Gov. Ron DeSantis on insurance market failures.
Featured Local Politics
Campaign 2022 Headlines
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
It's election night in South Florida and many results are in. The following races are being called by The Miami Times, some of which have also have been called by the Sun-Sentinel, The Miami Herald and Associated Press. If results keep coming in as they are, it looks like the big local upset…
Florida Sen. Jason Pizzo has put himself at the center of controversy in the House District 109 race, resulting in dueling 10 a.m. news conferences Tuesday by Rep. James Bush III and his opponent, lawyer Ashley Gantt.
With the Aug. 23 primaries exactly one week away, Lauren Book and Barbara Sharief have entered the final stretch in a very heated race for Florida Senate District 35.
‘Instead of him leveraging his relationship with the Governor to help, he is the Governor’s little b**ch.’
Florida Democratic gubernatorial candidates called out Gov. Ron DeSantis for comments he made after an unprecedented FBI raid Monday at the Palm Beach home of former President Donald Trump.
The usually mundane issue of school lunch funding has turned into a Florida political firestorm, with Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried denouncing comments from Gov. Ron DeSantis that she calls “perverted and deeply inappropriate.”
THIS WEEK'S TOP 10
September 28-0ctober 4
- Cat 4 storm knocks out power to one million
- Schools closed and flooding expected in Miami-Dade while Hurricane Ian barrels toward Florida coastline
- Funding windfall for Virginia Key Beach Park
- Hometown Heroes Parade announced for Oct. 30
- Soccer stadium rent to fund affordable housing
- Demings’ bill to help victims and solve crimes
- FAMU students allege funding discrimination
- Campaigning continues for Marco Rubio and Val Demings as Ian bears down