South and North Florida has representation on the National Baptist Convention board.
Two of the nation’s oldest Black female sororities celebrated their founders' day last week. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. both marked their Founder’s Days with awards and presentations.
In observance of National Human Trafficking Awareness Month students who attend the Embrace Girls Foundation, Carol City Senior High program developed a slogan, designed and researched resources for a sticker that will be shared with their peers and distributed in places where vulnerable peo…
Tangela Sears is an apt testament of how death alters the landscape of a mother’s life. Her only child, David Queen was murdered during a shooting in Tallahassee on May 20, 2015. No measure of time will heal the pain she embodies and admittedly, Sears struggles every day. She has emerged a w…
It was the first day of a new year. The sun had only been up for a few hours. And the green grass was still wet with morning dew. Yet, tables and chairs were already set with floral-inspired centerpieces, awaiting the guests who would attend North Miami’s celebration of soup joumou.
Gabriel Pierre picked up the acoustic guitar when he was in sixth grade. Today, the 21-year-old Miami native is in his third year at the New College of Music with dreams of touring the world.
A man pulled out a shotgun at a Texas church service and fired on worshippers Sunday, killing two people before he was shot to death by congregants who fired back, police said.
On Tuesday, Dec. 10, two individuals opened fire on a kosher supermarket in Jersey City, New Jersey. The violent attack — which occurred shortly after the assailants allegedly killed a police officer in a nearby cemetery — ultimately left three bystanders dead and three people wounded, inclu…
- Northwest 199th Street eliminated from F1 race
- Firing Ortiz – who applied as white, but sat for tests as Black – being explored
- Rolle to the polls: Former Miami-Dade commissioner announces run for District 2
- Super Bowl LIV events kick off this week
- Marching 100 to perform in Fort Lauderdale MLK parade
- Black sororities celebrate historical milestones
- Criminal investigation led to suspension of Miami Police Cpt. Javier Ortiz
- Two city managers in the hot seat
- RONNISA OLIVIA BAPTISTE
- Bridges named after city sons
- Street closures to note on Miami Beach during Super Bowl LIV week
- SuperFest and Vewtopia events merge
- Black artists show out at 62nd Grammys
- Ex-NBA star Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Experience the Super Bowl without the high, ticket price
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- Youth served: Gauff wins, Serena loses at Australian Open
- Lawyers: Kodak Black moved to federal prison in Kentucky