During a routine doctor’s appointment in 2018, Robert Davis, assistant chief of security for Jackson Health System, was astonished at the scary news he received - he was borderline diabetic and had high blood pressure. He had not noticed his weight creeping on until these other health compli…
U.S. House Majority Whip James E. Clyburn hailed passage of the Elijah E. Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act. This landmark legislation gives Medicare the power to negotiate directly with drug companies and extends those lower prices to Americans with private insurance, too.
Scientists who have reviewed existing evidence on intermittent fasting—where large gaps are left between periods of eating—could have a range of health benefits.
The rise of wearable fitness trackers has increased the number of people monitoring their heart rate, both throughout the day and during exercise.
If you’re a member of the Black community, chances are you have, or someone in our immediate family has, diabetes. According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 30.3 million Americans are living with the condition – Black people make up 12.7 percent of those diagnosed and are sec…
This year, Mental Health Awareness Week commenced on Sunday, Oct. 6 and ended on Saturday, Oct. 12. Unless you are actively engaged in the mental health community, the week might have passed without your knowing. Much has been written and much can be said about the love-hate relationship tha…
- SHAQUIVIA RAYONNA SMITH
- Miami Carol City alumni air some woes and some wins
- Eating in Black Miami
- Could Bryce Gowdy have been saved?
- Miami reveals plans to address affordable housing shortages
- ROSA LEE COX
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade to celebrate 43 years
- NBC: Change will come to ‘America’s Got Talent’ if needed
- Educators throng Tallahassee to fight for more money
- Former county prosecutor Melba Pearson files to run for Miami-Dade State Attorney